“RYOBI CHRISTMAS MADE BY ONE+ YOU NZ” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter this promotion and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. By entering this RYOBI Christmas made by ONE+ You promotion ("Promotion”), you agree to these Terms and Conditions, which will at that time, become binding between you and us.
2. Entry is only open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Promotion commences on 27/11/23 and closes at 11:59pm NZDT on 17/12/23 (“Promotional Period”). The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter. No entries will be accepted outside this time unless extended by the Promoter.
5. To be eligible to enter, individuals must complete the following steps on any of the below platforms during the Promotional Period:
a) visit https://www.ryobi.co.nz or locate the promotional post via RYOBI’s Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/RyobiNZ/), or Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/ryobinz/);
b) follow the prompts to the promotion entry page; and
c) input the requested details (including their first name, last name, email address, postal address and contact number) and submit the fully completed entry form.
6. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such a person or persons are reserved.
8. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to request identification documentation from an entrant and/or to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. The draw will take place at 31 Gilby Road Mount Waverley VIC, Australia 3149 on 18/12/23 at 10:00am AEDT, in the presence of an independent scrutineer. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winners will be notified by email and telephone within seven (7) days of the draw and their names will be published online at https://www.ryobi.co.nz/articles/competition-results on 20/12/23.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The first five (5) valid entries drawn will each win one (1) Prize Pack valued at RRP NZD$1,418 each (see details below). Prize Pack includes:
• 1 x 18V ONE+ HPtm Brushless Stick Vacuum with Dual Roller Kit (R18XSV9PET142) (RRP NZD$699);
• 1 x 18V ONE+ Digital Pressure Inflator - Tool Only (R18DPI-0) (RRP NZD$98);
• 1 x 18V ONE+ Hammer Drill 4.0Ah Kit (R18PD3-H40G) (RRP NZD$192);
• 1 x 18V ONE+ 25/30cm Line Trimmer - Tool Only (OLT1832) (RRP NZD$139); and
• 1 x LINK™ Rolling Toolbox and Crate (RLSK2) (RRP NZD$290).
13. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
14. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal (or greater) value or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
15. Prizes will be posted by registered mail to the address provided by the winner at the time of contact from the Promoter.
16. The winner/s must respond to claim the prize by 5pm NZDT on 04/01/24 if the winner/s fail to do so the prize will be forfeited.
17. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, pandemic or any other kind of disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend, substitute or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
18. Total number of prizes: 5.
19. Total prize pool value is RRP NZD$7,090.
20. Any prize is valued in New Zealand dollars unless expressly stated to the contrary.
21. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
22. Entrants are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prizes. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Entrants are responsible for any and all expenses that they incur in entering the Promotion and they will not be reimbursed for doing so.
23. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 15/01/24 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winners, if any, will be notified by email within seven (7) days of the draw, and their names will be published online at https://www.ryobi.co.nz/articles/competition-results on 17/01/24.
24. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
25. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunctions or problems with internet or network congestion or acts in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
26. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
27. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
29. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking of the prizes.
31. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php and Instagram Rules, which can be found at http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms.
32. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. Facebook or Instagram will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
33. The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions of entry will be governed by the laws of New Zealand. Entrants accept the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts and tribunals of New Zealand in connection with the Promotion and these Terms and Conditions.
34. The Promoter is Techtronic Industries N.Z. Limited (NZBN 942 903 976 1347) of Unit c/70 Business Parade South, East Tamaki, Auckland, 2013 (“Promoter”), Please contact the Promoter in relation to the Promotion and/or these Terms and Conditions by phone at +64 800 279 624 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.